Biggest and Oldest Shiva Temples in India:
(*18*)Here are a portion of the antiquated ruler Shiva sanctuaries in India that one must visit.
1. Kedarnath Temple: Uttarakhand
(*18*)Now this spot needs no presentation, perhaps the most loved at this point troublesome journey destinations, it is each Shiva fan’s definitive dream. Master Shiva is referred to have showed as jyotirlingam or ‘infinite light’. There are 12 of these, out of which Kedarnath is the most noteworthy (3581mts) and presumably the most recorded and esteemed. Indeed, the cause of this sanctuary can really be noticed in the Mahabharata as well. It structures one of the celebrated burn dhams and the most sought after journey destinations in general. This Shiva sanctuary constructed in eighth century AD actually remains steadfast in Uttarakhand. It is arranged in a wonderful site close to Mandakini River and in the Rudra Himalaya range. Envision appealing to the Mahadev encompassed by snow-covered pinnacles and dewy green glades. It is perhaps the most pleasant destinations to revere till date. This sanctuary shapes a piece of the five sanctuaries of the Panch Kedar. Situated on the Dev Bhumi in Uttarakhand this sanctuary is open for guests from April to November. It’s closed the remainder of the year because of outrageous climate conditions. There will never be really summer here in addition to oxygen levels can drop. The site is generally suffocated in snow when closed. Accordingly prior to taking on an excursion here, one necessities to set themselves up. It’s a smart thought to be loaded up with glucose, meds and comfortable garments while journeying up. Enjoy in yoga and exercise to get in shape well in advance of your trip
- Address: Kedarnath, Uttarakhand 246445
- Timings: Morning Darshan: 4 am to 3 pm, Evening Darshan: 5 pm to 9 pm
- Dress Code: Warm and nice attire. Ladies are encouraged to maintain a strategic distance from sarees and wear salwar kameez or pants all things considered. It is cold in addition to on a serious height so dress likewise. Gloves, sweaters, socks, suppressors and an umbrella is a must.
- Approx. Visit Duration: 1-2 Hours
- How To Reach: By Air: The Nearest air terminal is Jolly Grant, 260 km. By Rail: Nearest rail head is at Rishikesh, 243 km. By Road: Well associated with Rishikesh, Haridwar, Dehradun and Delhi.
- Temple Website: http://www.badarikedar.org/
- Best Time To Visit: May to October aside from rainstorm. Badri Kedar celebration in June unites talented craftsmen from all over the country and is held for 8 days.
- Other Attractions: Gandhi Sarovar (2kms away) with the coasting ice on the precious stone waters is excessively shocking. A plunge at Gaurikund with their restorative warm springs is an absolute necessity attempt. Shankaracharya Samadhi is likewise behind the sanctuary. Beautiful traveling openings and town investigations are in plenty.
2. Somnath Temple: Gujarat
(*18*)Somnath really signifies ‘defender of the moon god’. It is said that the moon god had initially constructed this sanctuary in gold in love to Lord Shiva. After it was annihilated, it was fabricated once more in silver and the reproduction cycle proceeded. The Somnath Shiva Temple is found in Gujarat. This celebrated sanctuary is one the twelve Jyotirlinga sanctuaries which were devoted to the strong Lord Shiva. One of the great purposes for the ubiquity of the Somnath Temple is that this Shiva sanctuary encountered various verifiably critical occasions which happened quite a while ago. It was assaulted by trespassers like Mahmood of Ghazna, Afzal Khan and different outsiders. Its wealth were ravaged and it was endeavored to be annihilated around multiple times. Be that as it may, it has still made due over the long haul and remains steadfast even at this point. Accordingly the Somnath sanctuary is in fact well known because of its rich legacy and the one of a kind history it shows of food and victory.
- Address: Somnath, Veraval, Gujarat 362255
- Timings: 6 AM – 9:30 PM. Light and Sound show, 8 – 9.
- Dress Code: Traditional wear would be generally well-suited. Scaled down skirts and ill bred attire isn’t allowed.
- Approx. Visit Duration: 1 Hour
- How To Reach: Somnath is 95 km by street from Diu. You can take a trip to Diu. Somnath is very much associated by rail and transports to every single significant objective. The closest stations are Somnath (0.5 Km) and Veraval (7kms from Somnath), associated with Ahmedabad and other major cities.
- Temple Website: http://www.somnath.org/
- Best Time To Visit: You can go to its significant reasonable on the full moon of Kartik Purnima in November/December. Shivratri is additionally a significant day for the temple.
- Other Attractions: Gir National Park is 43 km away and an absolute necessity visit as the home of the last Asiatic lions.
3. Mallikarjuna Swamy: Andhra Pradesh
(*18*)Mallikarjuna Swamy sanctuary is found in Andhra Pradesh and is one of the jyotirlinga hallowed places. This sanctuary is another with an excellent setting, tucked pleasantly at the Nallamalai Hills Srisailam at a height of 476 meters above ocean level. It is known as the homestead of Lord Shiva. The climate is incredibly peaceful with the bank of Krishna River as the setting adding to the appeal, all things considered, This sanctuary also is of monstrous recorded significance and is quite possibly the most visited strict locales in the country. The sanctuary was built by King Harihara Raya. Its considered as perhaps the most antiquated Kshetras in India.
- Address: Srisaila Devasthanam, Kurnool Dist, Atmakur Mandal, Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh 518101
- Timings: 6:30 AM – 3:30 Pm, 6 PM – 10 PM
- Dress Code: Traditional wear or fair clothing
- Approx. Visit Duration: 3 Hours
- How To Reach: By air – closest air terminal is Hyderabad (230 K.M.) from where you can without much of a stretch discover a transport to Srisailam. By rail – Markapur station (91 Km) from Srisailam.
- Temple Website: http://www.srisailamonline.com/index.html
- Best Time To Visit: social projects are coordinated each Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- Other Attractions: Holy stream shower at the waterway Krishna (750 stages involved).
4. Master Shiva Mahakaleshwar Temple: Madhya Pradesh
(*18*)In Madhya Pradesh, Ujjain, there is a renowned three-storeyed Shiva sanctuary known by the name, Mahakaleshwar. It’s situated close to the Rudra Sagar lake. Great and magnificent, cut craftsmanship with wonderful themes and pillared patios make a hypnotizing air. It is a lot of one of the 12 jyotirlingas. Mahakal is considered as master of death for the earth, heck, and paradise. Mahakal is fundamentally the wild figure of the strong Lord Shiva who is considered as the eliminator, everything being equal. The sanctuary’s accurate starting point time can’t be followed, in any case, it’s supposed to be existent since pre-noteworthy occasions as per the Puranas. A few antiquated writings by artists of the time additionally have the notice of Mahakal temple.
- Address: Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh 456001
- Timings: 5 am to 3:30pm, 6:00pm to 10 pm
- Dress Code: Sarees for ladies and dhotis for men as specific territories and aarti just have a passage with carefully this attire.
- Approx. Visit Duration: 1-2 Hours
- How To Reach: Ujjain is in the western rail line zone. You can take a train from any of the significant urban communities to Ujjain. It is very much connected with Indore too by street and rail. A transport from Indore would be 55Km. The closest air terminal is at Indore (60Km away).
- Temple Website: http://dic.mp.nic.in/ujjain/mahakal/default.aspx
- Best Time To Visit: Mahashivratri is the point at which the sanctuary becomes animated like no other day in the year. On the off chance that you need to see the ling of Nagachandresvara, you should visit the sanctuary on Naga Panchami as just on that day is that allowed.
- Other Attractions: Explore Indore and visit the Lal Bagh castle in the city.
5. God Shiva Temple Omkareshwar: Madhya Pradesh
(*18*)Again one of the 12 jyotirlingas, this is another Shiva sanctuary found in Madhya Pradesh. It remains on an island-formed territory on River Narmada, called Mandhata or Shivapuri. The state of this island is said to take after that of the Hindu heavenly image of ‘Om’. This is perhaps the most well known journey objections in the country. In this sanctuary, the pujas are held during early afternoon and the morning love is finished by the sanctuary trust.
- Address: Omkareshwar Mandir Road, Mandhata, Madhya Pradesh 451115
- Timings: opens at 5 AM in the morning and night darshan begins from 4 PM. Dozing perspective on god from 9 – 9:30 PM.
- Dress Code: No specific clothing standard is specified.
- Approx. Visit Duration: 1-2 Hours
- How To Reach: The Nearest air terminal is at Indore (80kms away). By rail, one can reach through the Khandwa Railway station or the Indore Railway station, both around 78 Kms. By transport